måndag 5 juni 2017

Some Progress

I have managed to figure out how to proportionally scale up the world map as well as the player image. Some big challenges that remains are preventing the player from falling when standing on top of a ladder. And the other are positioning maps next to each other, making it possible to seamlessly cross through maps as well as scrolling some kind of game camera when the player moves around on the screen. In the same time, it should not scroll the game camera if the player is by a wall, also known as a dead end. Once I solve these big issues I think the rest will be pretty easy. Apart from creating the AI. Making a smart AI can probably be really difficult. I say probably because to be honest I don’t have too much experience with it. One possibility is to make the AI a finite state machine, but Bob Nystrom warned that that really limits what the AI can do. So I rather find and do the correct way, whatever that is. There are of course many expensive and thick books about game AI that would let me know. I’d prefer to learn it quickly though.


In case you didn’t know, I do have a YouTube channel. I’m called Xfsadsbot047. I don’t have a lot of videos or many good videos. But I’m considering starting to upload some more vids. And perhaps, you even get to hear my voice someday. I could stream some “let’s plays” but then I almost would be forced to using my stationary computer, since my laptop only supports wireless connections. Using wireless internet would at best produce a choppy stream, if any at all, If I am to use a high resolution and frame rate. Wireless internet produces lots of ‘packet’ loss. A packet is a way to embed data using a protocol like IPv4 or IPv6. There are other protocols that are used to send data, but not as common perhaps in the world wide web. In the end, it’s just 1’s and 0’s that are sent. A protocol is a way of making sense of those 1’s and 0’s. If you connect a normal ethernet cable, in contrast to having wireless internet, there is hardly any packet loss at all. Or at least that is what I have been told. Now why is it a problem for me to use the stationary computer? Well I just really don’t like using the stationary PC since it’s so noisy and produces lots of heat. I have solved these issues by moving the PC out of the room when I use it and closing the door. Then I have some extension cords that go from the computer to my room. I use those cords to connect things like the mouse, keyboard etc. I still don’t really like using it though. 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar